My Love

I heart Valentine's Day! It wasn't always a day that I loved. Actually 10 years ago I loathed it. I was single and had just moved across the country and my dating life was pretty much non-existent. I was on the road so much (I was in Christian music) which didn't help things. I was never home to have a date, let alone make many friends. My friends were my sisters that I traveled with, which was great, but I longed for the friendships I had back home. I was 27 and pretty lonely. Most of my friends were already married and having kids. I thought surely by now I would be married. I remember telling the Lord, "I'm done trying to make this happen". "I trust you and will wait on you for the perfect one." I truly meant it with all of my being. Little did I know that 5 months later I would meet my husband. It was as if God was just waiting for me to turn it over to Him.

I can't believe it's been 10 years ago today that I remember having all those feelings. Feelings of lonliness and wondering if I was ever going to be a wife. Now it's hard to remember my single days. My husband and I have been through alot. Infertility, loss of a child, and just recently the loss of Brian's dad. I know there will be more trials ahead and I love that saying, "I don't know what the future holds, but I know who holds the future". One of my favorite hymns as a child and to this day is called "Because He Lives".

Because He lives I can face tomorrow
Because He lives all fear is gone
Because I know who holds the future
Cause life is worth the living just because He lives

God's timing is always perfect. He doesn't make mistakes. I just want to encourage you, whether it's waiting for a mate or waiting for a child, HE WILL GIVE YOU THE DESIRES OF YOUR HEART. One of my favorite verses is found in Hebrews 11:1, "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." It's hard I know when you desperately long for that which is unseen, believe me, I've been there, but I am here to tell you that the wait is well worth it. I have an amazing husband that loves me unconditionally and two beautiful daughters that I would die for. God is so good. Even in the midst of our pain and trials He is still there holding out his hand for us to take it if we allow Him too.
So today I write with a grateful heart. I'm thankful for the many blessings God has given me. I am thankful for my valentine of almost 9 years. Thank you honey for being my best friend. I love you more and more each day. I am thankful for my 2 little girls who bring so much joy to my life. I love being their mommy. Thank you Lord for the blessings that are still to be revealed. I wait patiently and expectantly. Psalm 27:14, "Wait for the Lord, be strong and take heart, and wait for the Lord".

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations