Off to Indiana

In just a few hours we will be driving up north to Indianapolis. Normally we head on up into Kokomo, but we decided to stop in Indianapolis to take the girls to the Indianapolis Children's Museum. Supposedly it's one of the biggest and best in the country. They are so excited. I brought my big girl camera with me so I could take lots of pictures.

Thankfully, the girls are napping so I was able to pack for all 3 of us and load up the car. Then we'll go to Chick-fil-a for an early dinner and then we'll pick up daddy from work and go.

Tomorrow we'll hit the children's museum bright and early and spend most of the day there. Then tomorrow night we will drive up to Berne, IN and spend the night with Brian's sister, husband and the twins. Spencer and Caroline will be 7 just two days after Sydney turns 3 next month. My sis in law Kelly Anne is pregnant with triplets, 2 boys and a girl, due in May. I can't wait to see her big belly. The girls are so excited to spend the night at their cousins house too.

Sunday is Brian's grandma's 80th birthday surprise party. I can't wait to see the look on her face when she sees everyone. She deserves it after all she's been through with the sudden loss of her son, Brian's dad. It will be bitter sweet not to have him there.

This is the first trip up to Indiana for the girls since their PeePaw died. I don't really know what to expect. Sydney talks about PeePaw alot. She will say over and over, "My PeePaw died, my PeePaw died". I wonder what goes through her little 2 year old brain. We will take them to his house and we will just let them ask us questions and talk about him. I get teary eyed thinking about it. It's just tough that he will miss out on watching them grow up. Ok, I am gonna be a mess if I don't stop now.

The only thing I don't like about going up to Indiana is no internet access, so I won't be able to post again until Tuesday. I guess it's a good thing because it makes me slow down and really be in the moment with my family.

Have a great weekend everyone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations