Girls Night Out

My sisters, my mom and I get together once a month for a girls night out. I love this time because it's a chance for us to all catch up on what's going on in our lives. We were going to see Celine at the movie theatre but decided against it because tickets were $16. We'd rather save our money and fly to Vegas when she starts up at Caesar again next March 2011.

My sister Stacy, who is just 15 months younger than me, looks alot like Celine. People used to tell us all the time when we were singing together that Stacy reminded them of Celine. Their mannerisms are alot alike it's almost scary. She's got an incredibly R&B voice too. I'm going to try to get a picture of my sis and Celine side by side and let you decide.

We always have a blast when when we get together. Tonight we went to TGIF's for dinner. We enjoyed great conversation and a night out with no little ones spilling drinks or getting up from the table. My sisters are my best friends and I am so incredibly blessed to have them in my life. This is one of my favorite pictures of the 4 of us back in 1977.



Don't you dig the green shag carpeting? I think this was close to Christmas because there was a fire going in the background. I grew up in Southern California so December is really the only time you probably could have a fire and not sweat to death.

My mom dressed us alike alot and I swore to myself that when I grew up and had kids I would never do that. I didn't like it one bit. So what happened 32 years later, I dressed my kids the same. I love it and now know why my mom did it. It's just too much fun. Here she is with her grand kids. It's not a great picture, but I wanted to post it anyway.


Do you dress your kids alike? If you do, do they like it? So far my girls haven't said anything. I guess if they are teenagers and I am still wanting them to dress alike they might put their foot down.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations