I Need The Shackles Off My Feet So I Can...

RUN.........  You were thinking dance, weren't ya?  Believe me, dancing sounds way more fun than running right about now, especially when it's 95 degrees outside.

I've been focused on trying to eat a clean diet and taking my supplements that have been prescribed to me,  that I haven't really focused much on the other half of being healthy- exercise.  I'm not one of those people who needs to be at the gym 5 times a week or they go crazy.  I wish I was.  I don't stay motivated to do workouts, which is odd coming from someone who was an athlete her whole life.  I need accountability to do this right and make the change for my health and for my family. 

I've done a few 5K's this year, but I wasn't real great at training for them.  So, Brian suggested I get a running coach.  We talked to a woman at a local TRI store who lost 60 pounds after she started with a running coach!  I'll take just half of those lbs right about now.  The biggest thing for me isn't having a desire to get into better shape and better health, its just knowing what to do, and having some accountability.  That's where I need the expertise of someone who has been running his whole life, and is good at it.  I know that I am going to have to make some changes and sacrifices if I'm going to turn things around, but I guess that's why most of the good things in life are so hard. 

Part of the plan is to commit to telling you what I'm going through over the next three months- the good stuff, the bad stuff, and most importantly what I'm doing or not doing.  It's easy to talk your way out of stuff with family, but it's a lot harder to do if you put it out in black and white for all the world to see.

So, I'm praying that whatever plan the running coach sends me tomorrow, it won't be too crazy, but more importantly, something I can stick with and one that I can have fun doing.   

Have you ever had something you were scared to do, but knew you had to do it?  I would love to hear your thoughts.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations