Day 4- Festive Gluten Free 4th

Today is the last day of our series. :(  I want to give a big shout out to my friend Calie at Broccoli Cupcake for joining me this week.  I am dying to make the Grilled Red Potato Salad she had on her blog yesteday.  It looks so yummy.

I wanted to go out on a sweet note.  I've been eating this dessert since I was a kid.  My mom used to make it all the time.  Not only is it incredibly yummy, but it is so easy to make.  It takes just 5 minutes.

I am going to be showing you how to make a gluten free peach dump cake, which is my hubby's favorite. You can make apple or cherry as well.  Remember, this is gluten free, not sugar free or fat free.  :)

Here's what you need:

1 9X9 glass or non stick pan (I lightly coat the bottom of the pan with some coconut oil or butter)
1 can or jar of peaches (We get ours from Costco, 4 jars to a pack. I like them because they are in extra light syrup and I love reusing these jars.)
1 gluten free vanilla cake mix (Available at Whole Foods.  You will be able to make this recipe 3 times using the one bag.)
1/2 stick of Organic butter
Optional: 3 Tbsp of Organic Turbinado Raw Cane Sugar (Feel free to skip this part if you are trying to watch your sugar intake.  You don't need it.  It just adds an extra crunch to the dish.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Take peaches and drain the syrup and give them a light rinse.


Dump the peaches in the bottom of the pan or glass dish and spread them out so they coat the bottom.  Pour 2 cups of the gluten free vanilla cake mix over the peaches.  You want the peaches to be covered with the cake mix.  If after 2 cups of cake mix you still see peaches, you can add a little more.  Optional: Add 2-3 tbsp of the Turbinado Sugar over the top.  Melt a half stick of organic butter and pour over the top of the cake mix.  Here's what it looks like as it's going into the oven.  (I actually melted a whole stick of butter by accident, I'm tired, so I dumped the whole stick over the top.)  Paula Deen, eat your hear out. 

Bake on 350 for 30-40 until golden brown.  Best if served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.  Here's the finished product.  I made this for my friend Kelly over at Faithful Provisions and her family loved it.  She ended up making it to take to a party she was going to the next week.  I promise it does not disappoint.  The best part is that my sweet Sydney Kate can enjoy some yummy dessert and there is no worries about gluten.

I hope we've inspired you this week.  Have a safe and happy 4th.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations