Come Into My Heart

This week is Vacation Bible School at our church.  I love VBS.  I always have ever since I was a little girl.  I loved summer.  School was out for starters, but secondly, I knew VBS was right around the corner.  I loved craft time, music and the stories they would show us on the flannel boards.  Do y'all remember the flannel boards?  I wonder if they still exist.

I have been leading 3 & 4 year old crafts, so I get to see Sydney around 11:00 every morning.  She loves it and I love getting to see her interact with other the other children in the class.  She's not old enough to go to VBS at our church yet, but she gets to have the little kid version of it.  She does music, crafts, story time, and playtime.  She's having a blast and she's so exhausted by the time we get home, she's actually been taking naps this week.

I went to pick up Brooklyn in the sanctuary and her teacher, whose a friend of mine, told me that when the kids were asked if they wanted to ask Jesus into their hearts, Brooklyn circled yes on her paper.  Of course I was thrilled.  Miss K told me that she gave her a booklet about what it meant to become a Christian and that she wanted us to be the ones to lead her in a prayer.  I was so thankful she gave us the opportunity to lead our daughter to the Lord.  There is no greater moment for a parent.  I remember I led Sydney in a prayer to receive Christ last October (you can read about it here) and I will never forget it as long as I live.  It was amazing.

This time around I wanted to let Brian be the one to lead her in a prayer so I called him at work to tell him what had happened so he could be thinking about it.  When he got home, he went into her room and read her the book she was given.  He wanted to make sure she really understood what it meant to become a follower of Christ.  He asked her if she understood and if she wanted to become a Christian.  She said yes, but she told him she wanted to do it in the car.  Oh that is such a classic Brooklyn thing to do.  It was perfect.  We were headed to the mall, so we all jumped in the car and again, he went over what it meant to be a sinner, that Jesus died for our sins, and that one day we will live with him forever.  He asked her questions and she got it.  Then he led her in a prayer to ask Jesus into her heart.  It was sweet music to my ears to hear her pray.  If you've been blessed to have that moment with your child, you know what an unforgettable moment it is.

Dearest Brooklyn. Today was one of the happiest days of my life.  I loved hearing you accept Jesus into your heart.  It is the best and most important decision you will ever make in your life.  Jesus lives in your heart now baby girl and He will always be with you.  He will never, ever, leave you.  I know it's hard to hear Him because He doesn't speak where you can hear Him with your ears, but if you listen with your heart, you can hear Him.  My prayer for you B is that you will read your Bible and pray.  The Bible gives you tools and a road map, I know how you love maps, on where to go and what to do.  Pray all the time.  He will always listen.  No prayer is ever stupid.  He's your daddy and He wants you to come to Him with anything.  Jesus loves you so much baby.  Heaven is having a party tonight all because one little girl accepted the free gift of salvation.  I love you Brooklyn!  Mommy

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations