Dad's Day

The girls helped me make breakfast for daddy this morning. They even helped me make his favorite, Chocolate Croissants. Ok, so I know this looks like something that should be served for Mother's Day, but I felt like my hubby was man enough to be served breakfast in bed. 
The girls felt like joining him.  I'm loving the bedhead. (Sorry the photo stinks.  I used my brand new iPhone.  I don't know what happened.  Ugh!)
The highlight of our day was taking a canoe trip after church.  We went down the Harpeth River and had a ton of fun.  I didn't know how the girls would do since you have to sit pretty still, but they did awesome.  Towards the end, Sydney was getting tired.  She kept asking me when it was going to end.  The problem is I had no clue.  It's not like there are signs or anything to tell you where you are.  
It took us about 2 hours to go 3 1/2 miles.
We stopped about an hour in to let the girls get out of the boat and stretch their legs.  They loved finding some seashells and playing in the rocks.
We had a fantastic day!  I am so thankful that I have such an amazing husband who is such a great dad.  The girls love him so much.  Thanks honey for all you do to provide for our family and for loving Jesus!  I read this quote today that I loved and wanted to share it with you. 

“The greatest thing a FATHER can do for his children, is to love their mother."
 -Anjaneth Garcia Untalan

I can't sign off without wishing a Happy Father's Day to my wonderful dad.  I am so blessed to have a father that has shown unconditional love to me and my sisters.  He was there at every soccer and softball game I ever played, every choir performance I sang in, and now we are doing races together.  At 71 years old, he is my hero.  I love you more than words can say.  I will always be your little girl.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations