Tuesday's Tip- Ping Pong Ball chores

Today's tip is brilliant.  I can say that because I didn't think it up.  I actually ran across this tip in a magazine this week.  Too bad I can't find that magazine right now.  Did I mention I am in the middle of spring cleaning?  Speaking of spring cleaning, starting next week, every Tuesday's Tip through May will be about how to get your house clean and organized.  I can't wait.  This really is my favorite time of the year.

I digress.  I found a fun way to make chores fun for the whole family.  I can't wait to try this on Saturday, but first I will need to run to Walmart to get the supplies.  There's actually just one thing you need: Ping Pong balls.
Then you simply take a permanent marker and right the name of the chore on a ball, you continue to write down chores on each ball until you've filled them all.  You set the timer for the alloted time you want to clean and then stick all the balls into a large bowl.  Each child grabs one ball and takes off and does their chore. After they finish that chore they run back and grab another ball.  When the timer goes off, the child with the most ping pong ball wins.

If you have tried this before, please leave me a comment and let me know how it worked out for you.  My girls are only 4 & 5 so I will have to keep the chores simple, but hopefully I can get them in the habit of cleaning, while having a little fun too.

2 comments:

habecker said...

when i read things like this i always wonder, what do they 'win' ? (and i question the whole 'winning' aspect)

Briapedia said...

Ooooh! I'm anxious to see if it works!

Post a Comment

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations