Tuesday's Tip- A More Organized Purse

I am swamped this week trying to get ready for Sydney's 4th birthday party this Saturday.  My little princess is having a ballerina birthday party at the house.  She is so excited to have her friends over and I am too, just a little overwhelmed right now.  With that said, my friend Heather from The Mommyhood will be guest posting for me today so I can keep working on party stuff.  I met Heather at Blissdom this year and we just instantly clicked.  She is wonderful and I know you are going to enjoy her blog.  Thanks again Heather!

How many times have your kids handed you a candy wrapper and there’s no trashcan in site? Where does it go? Well, it goes in your purse, of course.  This is just one of the many ways my purse has become a garbage can over time.  I’m always fishing around in there for my phone or a pen and can never find what I need. So I decided to make my own purse organizer to help solve the problem. Here’s how I did it:

1. Measure the length of the inside bottom of your purse.
2. Cut the fabric to be double the length so the organizer will fold in half in your purse. (I used liner, but if I had it to do again I think I would just use a fabric that is thicker and stiffer and not line it).

3. Sew up the edges.
4. Tri-fold the fabric and sew the right and left sides to make one large pocket.

5. Then put your items in the pocket and space them out how you want them. You can use a pin to mark where to sew each strip so you create a customized pocket for each item.

I didn’t want a very deep pocket for my phone, so I added a horizontal seam to make that pocket shorter.
6. And now you have a custom purse organizer!

TIP: You could make this with a lot less sewing if you start with a fabric place mat. If somebody tries that, please drop me a note and let me know how it turns out.
Is your purse a garbage can? How do you keep it organized?

Heather Alexander is the mother of two and blogs tips, solutions and humor at www.TheMommyhood.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations