Sneak Peak

I'm finally sitting down at the computer for the first time in 4 days.  It's been a crazy weekend, but a wonderful weekend too.  Thursday after Sydney got home from school she said her head hurt really bad.  She's never complained of a headache so I knew something was up.  I felt her forehead and she felt warm to me.  I took her temp and she had a low grade fever of 99.7.  I am fearful of fevers with her because she's had 2 febrile seizures, which are awful, and so now at the slightest hint of a fever I give her Motrin.  I hate giving her medications, but for me it's the lesser of two evils.

I took her to the dr. on Friday because she started to complain that her ear was hurting.  I also had to rule out the flu because her birthday party was on Saturday and I couldn't expose the rest of the kids to the flu if she did have it. 
I was scared I would have to cancel the party, but thankfully, she didn't have the flu, but she did have a full blown ear infection.  Poor thing.  So trying to get the house ready for the party, bake the cupcakes, decorate the house and take care of a sick child, was incredibly exhausting, but so worth it to see the smile on my sweet Sydney Kate's face.

Here are a few snapshots as to the theme of the party.  Stay tuned for pictures of my birthday ballerina.
More to come tomorrow........

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations