Weekend Fun

Yesterday Brooklyn played in her very first soccer game ever. I was so excited. The game was at noon when it was pretty hot out. I didn't know how she would react to running in the heat. She does not like to be hot. Turns out she didn't like it at all. She did not want to play. She clung to me and cried. I couldn't believe it. I didn't really know quite what to do to be honest with you. I kept trying to gently nudge her into the game without being forceful. I just wanted her to try. She wasn't having it. Finally Auntie RoRo showed up and became my hero.


My sister Rachelle has a way with my girls that is absolutely amazing. She will be a great mom someday. She knows what to say to them when they are upset and knows how to calm them down. Sure enough after a little bit of talking, Brooklyn went out onto the field. Auntie RoRo had to stay with her, but at least she went. Brooklyn started to run. I was so excited. She just kept running. I knew she had it in her she just needed a little push.


At half time they switched fields and Brian and I stayed at the field she had been playing on and watched from a distance. That turned out to be the best thing we could have ever done. She played her heart out and never once again cried or complained. She ran for a good 20 minutes in the heat. I was so proud of her. She even got her foot on the ball and dribbled it a few times.

The best part of playing soccer is the snacks. The girls sat down and enjoyed the goodies and took a break from the heat. Brooklyn chose #5 to wear because she's 5 years old and the oldest on the team. Plus mommy's number growing up playing was number 5 too. She has another game on Tuesday night so we'll see how she does. Hopefully it won't be as hot and she won't mind running.

Today Brian and I got to go to the season opener of the Tennessee Titans. They were playing the Raiders. Thanks to Brian's boss we sit Club Level. I am spoiled now and will only go if we have club level seats. The seats are close and on the 5o yard line and I love the fact that you can go inside where it's cool if you get too hot. You can also sit down and eat a nice lunch. We had a great time and it was nice to be together alone or I should say with about 69,000 other people. The Titan's had an amazing game and won 38-13.

Tonight was also the first night of choir for the girls at church. I was so excited because Sydney got to participate in the 3 year old class. That means mommy & daddy get date night every Sunday night while the girls are at choir for 90 minutes. Sydney was looking forward to it all week, but when she got there she had changed her tune. She cried and cried when we dropped her off. So much so the teacher asked Brian to come in and sit with her for a bit, while I went and dropped Brooklyn into her class. I have no idea why she threw such a fit. Brian eventually left her in class and we hung outside down the hall to see if she would stop. Thankfully one of my friends who is helping out with the class went in and got her and held her out in the hall. She finally calmed down and was able to go back into class. Thanks Kyna!

Tonight I got an email from her teacher Ms. Jennifer and it said this:

So, you weren't joking about Syd's vibrato! I actually laughed out loud. Thankfully, she didn't realize that it was at her! Then we had a talk. Syd: "This is fun!" Me:"So you won't cry next time you come because now you know it so fun, right?" Syd: "Yeah, I LOVE this class!" I believe her. I think she'll be fine next time.

Phew. So glad she had a great time. I knew she would if she just gave it a chance. I'm not joking when I talk about Sydney's vibrato. It cracks me up. We say she sounds like a 80 year old lady in the church choir. You can see for yourself in the video I posted here.

All in all it was a good weekend. Thankful for some sun in the midst of the storm.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations