Tuesday's Tip-Great way to serve lunch or snack

I haven't done a Tuesday's Tip in awhile, so I thought I would bring her back. This is one I posted last year (as apparent by how young the girls look), but it's one of my favorites so I thought I would share it again.

My girls are picky eaters and don't eat a whole lot, so I thought this might get them to eat more. It worked. They love it. There is so much you can put in it. I also find they eat healthier if I serve their lunch in their trays instead of on a plate.

Today they had strawberries, turkey, olives, grapes, laughing cow cheese, crackers and pretzels. Usually I have baby carrots as well, but they wanted 2 fruits instead. I purchased the cupcake holders at JoAnns for $5.99 (after I used a 50% coupon, reg. $9.99) I prefer the silicone ones over the metal pans. I tried the metal pans that I got from the dollar store and they rusted the second day, so I tried these and love them. The nice thing too is that you can leave it out (if you don't have anything that will spoil) and they can sit and snack on it when they want. They have them in different colors and shapes as well.

Let me know if you try it and how your kids like it. I'd be interested to see if it worked for you.
I just noticed another tip in Sydney's picture below. If you are looking for a way to put your child's name on a sippy cup or bottle, I received these as a gift for my girls when they were babies. I love them! They come from a company called InchBug and you can get them here. I love them because they are durable and you never have to take them off. They can go right in the dishwasher. A cheaper version of this would be to take a wide rubber band and write their name on it with a Sharpee and place it around the cup. You would probably have to take it off before washing it, but it would be less expensive.
(Yes it is noon and my girls are still in their nightgowns. Sometimes that's just how we roll around our house.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations