White Out in the South

What a gorgeous day we have had here in Nashville. We got about 4 inches of the white powdery stuff and it is just spectacular. I knew it was coming last night, but you never know whether to believe the forecasters or not, but this time, hats off to them because they got it right.

I knew we would be staying in all day since I didn't want to try to get down our hill in the car. So the girls and I stayed in our pj's all day. I was secretly hoping that Brian wouldn't make it down the hill, so he could stay home with us, but that didn't happen. It was just one of those days I wanted to stay in bed all day with the family and watch movies. Maybe next time.

I knew our day might get long being cooped up in the house all day, so I decided to create different "Steps". We do Step 1, 2, 3 alot with the girls. They seem to listen better when we instruct that way. If you have a child that is more of a visual learner, like Brooklyn, this works really well. Plus, they love to help make up the steps, so it gets them involved in the process as well.

So here were our steps today.

Step 1- Lunch

Step 2- Play in the snow






Step 3- Bathtime

Step 4- Naptime - This was mommy's favorite step today. :)
Step 5- Bake cookies with mommy


We made chocolate chip cookies that were so yummy! It was a perfect way to end the day.

The girls are now out with daddy on the deck making a snowman. I'm gonna run and go take some more pictures and some video. Hope those that got some snow today are enjoying it and making memories with your family.

1 comments:

Tara said...

Looks like a fun day. In northern Indiana we got over 30" of snow between Friday and Saturday. My daughter has been having so much fun playing outside.

Post a Comment

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations