Tuesday's Tip-Project Vase

Blissdom starts tomorrow. WhooHoo! I'm getting ready for 3 days at the gorgeous Opryland Hotel here in Nashville. I'm like a giddy little school girl waiting for the first day of kindergarten. I have a million and one things to do before I go. You know how it is as a mom. There's laundry, meals to prepare, fridge to be stocked, childcare to be arranged, and on and on. That's not including all the things I have to do like packing, shaving my legs, shopping for outfits and getting my business cards and other Blissdom essentials ready. I'm tired just thinking about it. So enough thinking, and on to my Tuesday's Tip.

My hubby has been pushing me, I mean encouraging me, for months to start vlogging. First, I had to figure out what the word meant. Oh, video and blogging put together. I get it. Clever. Anyway, I am a behind-the-scenes sort of girl and didn't like the thought of being in front of the camera. Call it insecurity if you must, but just the thought of someone taping me- well let's just say I'd rather eat worms than watch myself on video. Well, I decided to get over myself and just do it. I am glad I did. Of course I am my own worst critic so no need to comment about the negative things you see because I already know them and then some. (Am I really going to hit Publish on this one?) Yikes!


Ok, so now that you've watched the video, you are probably wondering who Nate is, right? I love anything about home decor and design and I am a fan of of the Nate Berkus show. He's uber talented and easy on the eyes too. Am I right ladies? I DVR it everyday and watch it when I have some free time. He's always talking about the vases that people have around the house and the different ways you can reuse them. I have a bunch that I use around the house already and I still have 9 left over. I am into decluttering my house right now and I thought I would use these vases to bless other people.

So here is where you come in. I would love for you to join me in the month of February and bring a smile to someone in your life. Here's what you do:

1. Collect all the vases in your house you are not using.
2. Write down 4 people (if you have more than that feel free to use them all) that you know could use a little "pick me up". (Think of that single person in your life that you know. Valentine's Day is a rough day when your single).
3. Get some note cards to write a note to go along with it.
4. Blog about your experience

Every Friday starting in February, I will do a MckLinky on my blog. Link your blog to mine and you will be entered in a contest to win a fabulous prize, which I will announce next week. The more you blog, the more times you are entered. Seriously, the prize is amazing and you won't want to miss it. Remember, this doesn't have to cost a lot of money. You can spend under $5 a vase to do this. That's a cup of coffee at Starbucks. Get creative, you can make a card or have your kids draw a card. How sweet would that be? Everyone loves handwritten cards.

Ok, ya got it? Now get going.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations