Tuesday's Tip-Cleaning Schedule

Today's Tip has rocked my cleaning world and I wanted to share it with you. It's not rocket science, but it has helped me keep a clean and organized house. I created my schedule back in June and have been loving it. Before that, I was kind of fly by the seat of your pants, when it came to cleaning. That wasn't workin for me, so I had to come up with something else. We have 2 floors and a basement in our house, so I decided to tackle the cleaning by floors.

Top Floor
Vacuum-Monday
Dust-Monday
Bathrooms-Tuesday
Wash Linens & Towels-Tuesday
Wash Clothes-Wednesday
Main Floor
Dust-Wednesday
Bathroom-Wednesday
Wash Hardwoods-Thursday
Vacuum-Thursday
Basement
Vacuum-Saturday
Bathroom-Saturday
Dust-Saturday

This schedule allows me to get my cleaning done quickly and efficiently. It leaves me more time for the girls and less stressed, plus I always know what comes next. Now you are probably looking at this list and thinking, this girl only has to do laundry one day a week? That's not entirely true, but pretty close. I probably do 1 or 2 small loads on another day. It's usually my husbands workout clothes that have to be washed almost as soon as he gets done working out. That boy can sweat. (Love you babe). Plus I discovered a product that has helped me do laundry quicker and in bigger loads. You will have to stay tuned for next weeks tip and I will let you in on the secret.


While we're on the cleaning subject, I want to thank some sweet friends of mine for a great gift. After they found out about losing Jonathan, they decided to pitch in and get me a cleaning lady. Talk about an amazing gift. I was so blessed by their generosity. I can say that the last thing you want to do when you are grieving is scrub a toilet. I could've cared less about the condition of my house, that's for sure. I felt that way for about 2 months. I just didn't have the energy to deal with it. Thankfully, I didn't have to.

Since it's impossible to write thank you notes to everyone that showed us love and support during this difficult time, I wanted to thank these girls publicly. I know you know who you are, but I am gonna include your names so that I can look back years later and remember who gave me this special gift. Thank you to: Brandy G, Angela D, Sonya H, Cindy C, Shelli N, Taryn F, Kim C, MaryAnn M and Melinda M.

I hope this Tuesday's Tip has been helpful to you. Happy Cleaning!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations