A Thankful Heart

I'm sitting down for the first time today and it feels oh so good. I'm in my cozy sweats all nice and warm. It has been a busy day. It started bright and early with the Habitrot 5K race, benefiting our local Habitat for Humanity. We have done this race since 2004. My entire family runs it and we do so in memory of Zoe and this year in memory of Jonathan too. It's such a fun time, although this morning was warm and windy, 35 mile an hour winds to be exact. It made for an interesting race. After the race we go down the street to Krispy Kreme. It's a good thing we walk/run so we can eat all those calories.

Dinner was at our house so I was busy cleaning and getting things prepared. We had so much food. We will be eating leftover for days. The fam is downstairs preparing their black Friday strategy. My whole family spends the night at our house because we are so close to all the shopping. It looks like my sisters and I will be hitting Walmart at 12:01. There is a great deal on something I want to get the girls for Christmas. I actually like doing the shopping at midnight because then I can go home and sleep in.

I have had some time to do some reflecting about all the things I am thankful for. It has been a really hard year. The toughest of my life, but I am thankful that the Lord has never left my side. He has been there through the worst of it. I know He has a plan and I truly rest in that, whatever it may be. I am thankful He gave me my amazing husband. Brian is my rock and I don't know what I would do without him. I am blessed to have my girls. They keep me going when I want to quit. I look at them and see a glimpse of Heaven. I love being their mommy. Thank you Lord for blessing me with Brooklyn and Sydney. I am thankful for my mom, dad and my sisters. They have been a blessing to me in the midst of the storm. I love you all so much. I could go on and on and even though this is a tough day for me in some regards, I choose to see what I do have instead of what I don't. It doesn't mean I don't miss my sweet babies or miss being pregnant with Jonathan, but I know where they are and that brings me comfort.
I'm thankful for all of you who read my blog and continue to come back. Thank you for your kind words and prayers over the last 3 months. You don't know what that has meant to me. I stand in awe of how many people have prayed for me and my family, most of them I don't even know personally. I am thankful for the opportunity to share my heart and my life with you. I count it a privilege and promise to do my best with what I have been given.

I pray that you and yours have a wonderful Thanksgiving. I would love to hear about your Black Friday Deals if you have any let me know.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations