My little champ

We headed up to the Children's hospital today for Sydney's EEG. We decided to get the test run just to be sure there is no underlying seizure activity going on. My two youngest sisters and Brian's brother all have seizure disorders, so we want to make sure that the seizure that she had was do to a spike in fever and nothing genetic.

On the way to the hospital Syd kept saying she was excited to go to the doctor. It was hilarious. I don't know too many 2 year olds that are happy to see the doctor. When we got back into the room they had the little t.v. on. It was playing her favorite show, Caillou. Thank you Jesus! She laid still the whole 30 minutes it took the tech to scrub her head, put on the glue and leads and finally wrap her head in gauze.

The first test they had her do was to blow a pinwheel really fast. They were trying to get her to hyperventilate. Yeah, that didn't really work. She would just blow hard one time and try to hold it. I had one too and tried to show her how to do it, but she wanted to do it her way.

The next test about made me sick. The strobe light test. This test goes on for about 2 to 3 minutes in about 15 second intervals. If you have epilepsy this strobe light can send you into a seizure. I had to look away, but Syd loved it. She hardly closed her eyes and she was looking right into the light. I was glad when that test was over.

The final thing they needed her to do was go to sleep. I kept her up until 10:00 p.m. last night in hopes she would be ready for a nap by her appointment time at 1:00. I came prepared. I brought her blankie, sippy cup with almond milk and her noise machine. I got to crawl up in bed and lay with her. When the tech turned out the lights it took Sydney about 3 minutes and she was out.They only needed her to sleep for 10 minutes so when time was up I had the task of waking her. She did not want to wake up. Bless her heart she was doing everything she could to lay back down. She was so tired. The tech decided to turn the t.v. back on to see if that would wake her up. That did the trick, or I should say Curious George did the trick. She woke up.I was so proud of her. It was funny because when we were done I couldn't get her to leave the room. She wanted to stay and watch Curious George. I finally told her we had to go see Papa (my dad) who was waiting in the waiting room for us and I also reminded her that we were going to go get some ice cream. She was out the door lightening fast.

I was reminded of how blessed I am as we left the hospital. When we got on the elevator to go down to the parking level, 2 young kids, a boy & a girl, got on the elevator with us. Both had bald little heads covered by caps. I immediately started to get teary eyed. All I could do was pray. Pray that God would show mercy on these 2 precious kids and heal their diseased ridden bodies. So many questions went through my mind at that moment. What painful procedure had they just endured? What must it be like for their parents to watch them be so sick? Did they know that God loved them? It made me hold Sydney a little tighter and be so thankful that my child is healthy.

I didn't intend for this post to go down this road, but I felt the Lord's nudging to do so. So here it is. If you would join me in prayer for some sweet little girls battling cancer, I know their families would really appreciate it. Some of you are probably already doing so, but if not, I would love to tell you about them. All 3 of them I have followed their blogs for some time now and to say they are an inspiration to me would be an understatement. Their parents are enduring a nightmare, but yet continue to have faith even when it doesn't seem like their is much hope. Layla Grace will most likely go home to see Jesus within the next few days. Please check out her blog and pray for this sweet family. Kate also is battling a deadly tumor in her brain and is currently in the hospital in treatment. Her dad has listed some specific prayer requests on her site. Lastly, a friend of the family back in California, her daughter Kendyl was diagnosed with leukemia at the end of last year. Kendyl loves to get postcards in the mail. Her mom says the highlight of her day is going to the mailbox to see if she has received any postcards. Would you be willing to send her a postcard from your hometown?

What a privilege it is to stand in prayer for one another. Thank you for your prayers for Sydney and thank you in advance for your prayers for these sweet girls and their families.

Update: 3/9 Sweet Layla Grace is in the arms of Jesus this morning. Please pray for this sweet family.


Post a Comment


Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations