Party Time!

Yesterday we had Sydney's 3rd birthday party right after church. I was thankful it was just family because it had been a stressful week and I didn't have to worry about having my house all clean and tidy.

About a month ago I asked Sydney what theme she wanted for her birthday party and she said Mickey Mouse, so Mickey Mouse it was. I had everyone over for a hot dog lunch. I thought it was appropriate since the theme song of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is "Hot dog, hot dog, hot diggety dog". I wanted to make the lunch as healthy as possible to show people you can still eat the typical party food and do it in a healthy way.

We had organic beef hot dogs, organic chicken sausages, organic baked beans, 7 layer bean dip (with all organic ingredients) served with organic tortilla chips and whole wheat hot dog buns. Everyone loved it. (I won't claim that this was low in calories, it just didn't have the chemicals, MSG, hormones, antibiotics and nitrates that the non organic would have).

(My new butler's pantry my brother-in-law made for me. He rocks! It just needs to be painted black now).

(Daddy praying for the meal. Nana is next to Sydney on the left and Auntie RoRo on the right)

After lunch we headed on over to Chuck E Cheese. Sydney was so excited. It's on of her favorite places to go. We took her cake that I made and her presents to Chuck E Cheese and we did that first before the kids went off to play.



Brooklyn's gift to her sissy was a Calliou book and a Calliou doll. It's her favorite show!

They had a blast. The best part is that she was able to have a great party on a small budget. For all the food, decorations and tokens at Chuck E Cheese it cost me under $100. That's including her cake that cost me $7.50 to make. Now that's a deal.




3 comments:

Natalie said...

So Fun!!! You did such a great job on the cake! Your girls are so blessed to have such an incredible, talented mom!

The Lane Family said...

First off I LOVE the pantry that is AWESOME and i also like how you have the pictures hung above it that is a really cool idea.

What a great party you had for Sydney!!! The cake is so cute ( I need to have those skills) and of course who can go wrong with Chuck E Cheese.

The Calliou gift is so cute!!! I have a couple of Calliou fans in my house as well. When they hear the music the get really excited!!! It looks like you did a great job Mom in pulling off a terrific party!!

Krista Lord said...

Thanks ladies. Y'all are too sweet. They had a wonderful time and I was glad I could make it special for her.

Post a Comment

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations