Tuesday's Tip-A place for your hair elastics

I just realized I haven't posted since Friday. Wow, I even missed my Switcheroo for Sunday. I meant to and then had a little "episode" (click here to read that post) and took a nap for 3 1/2 hours. My life has been crazy and that's putting it mildly. Between taking care of the kids and the house, dealing with wearing a heart monitor 24/7 and the episodes I've been having and handling my father-in-law's estate there is not much time for anything else.

To be honest, I'm pretty overwhelmed at the moment. I keep reminding myself that this is only for a season. God is refining me during this trying time and I need to sit at His feet and listen with an open heart and mind to what He has for me to learn. That may mean that some of the stuff I enjoy like blogging and working on my book, will have to take a back seat for a month or two until things calm down. Oh that is so hard for me to write, but if I'm honest with myself I realize that I am not superwoman. I can't do it all and God is not asking me to do so. He just wants me, all of me and I believe sometimes He allows things to happen in our lives to slow us down a bit. Are you in a place where God is calling you to slow down? Would you recognize Him if He was asking you to do so?

Being a mom is the hardest job in the world. We work from sun up to sundown and even into the night and it's seems like we just crack the surface of all that needs to be done. It's overwhelming! It never ends. If you are like me even if you do get some free time to be by yourself, you start making a mental to-do list of all the things at home that need to get done. It's hard to take a mental break isn't it?

What do you do to take a break? I would love to hear some of your thoughts. Maybe I could use them for next Tuesday's Tip.

Speaking of, without further adieu, here is Tuesday's Tip courtesy of Real Simple Magazine. One of my favs.

This is a tip I could really use. I am always losing my hair elastics. You would think that with 3 of us wearing them you could always find one, but that's not the case. I love this idea. I'm gonna take it one step further because I think it needs to be beautified. I would get a cute, funky wrapping paper or scrapbook paper and wrap it around it to make it prettier.

I think I am going to try this tomorrow with the girls for a craft. They would love it. They can decorate it and then go on the hunt around the house to find their rubber bands. Now I've just made a game out of it too. Perfect.

Thanks Real Simple!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations