A Divine Call

The phone rang this morning and I almost didn't answer it. I love caller ID because usually if it's an 800 number I will let it ring. This morning however I decided to answer it. I'm so glad I did.

The woman on the other end was calling from the 700 club. As a monthly partner she was calling, not for a donation, but to see if I had anything that I would like for her to pray over me. Man did I ever. How much time did she have?

I went on to tell her about the problems I have been having and about how I was wearing a heart monitor for 30 days. You can read about that here. Then I went on to tell her about some other bad news we received this week that I will post at a later date. I also told her about our desire to have another baby, specifically a baby boy.

Paula was amazing. She doesn't know how God used her prayers to touch my heart and to encourage me. She went on to tell me that she had a daughter who had a similar story to mine. Her daughter's first baby girl was born stillborn, just like my sweet Zoe. Then she told me she had two more girls the youngest named Sydney. Sound familiar. The last thing she said stopped me in my tracks. She told me her daughter was now pregnant with, you guessed it, a boy.

I just started to cry. I don't believe it was a coincidence that Paula called me today. It was a divine appointment from the almighty God. It's in these moments that I am in awe of how God works. It's like He was saying, "Krista I have heard your prayer and the prayers of your sweert girls (they pray often for their baby brother and call him by name) and I will be faithful to answer your prayer. Don't give up. Keep praying and believing."

I don't know how long it will take to have another baby. I now in the natural, odds are against me. I will be 38 next month and my past with infertility and the fact that I had 2 early miscarriages in a 6 month period a year ago don't help things.

Praise God that I don't have to live in the natural. I choose to live and believe in the supernatural. I believe that God is the ultimate physician and has the power to do things that seem impossible.

What are you believing today that seems impossible? Is it for another child? Is it for healing of a disease? Are you believing for a husband? Whatever it is, believe and have faith that God will come through for you.

I've posted this verse before because it's my favorite. Hebrews 11:1
"Now faith is being sure of what is hoped for and certain of what we do not see".

2 comments:

Sonya said...

This gave me the warmest, fuzziest feeling! Wow! It is amazing how God speaks!

The Lane Family said...

This was an amazing post and it really touched me. I have learned that the Lord always knows what we need and when we need it and he sends "angels" in all forms. In fact one of my favorite songs is by Alabama and is "Angels Among Us".

I also agree that the Lord is in charge and NOTHING is impossible with him. I pray that you will be able to add a sweet boy to your family.

Post a Comment

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations