A little bribe won't hurt anyone, right?

In an effort to keep my blog honest and real, I'm going to admit that I used a little bribery today with my girls. I was in desperate need of some alone and quiet time, so I bribed my kids to get it. I told them that if they took a nap, they could make brownies when they woke up. Now I know this is not something that is advocated by psychologists and hopefully it won't scar my kids.

It definitely felt like a Monday today. It was cold and dark and I was tired. I think I am still trying to recover from last weeks events. Some of it is still hard for me to wrap my head around. Anyway, by 2:00 I was needing a break. The girls were a little wired so I didn't even know if the bribe would work. It took about 20 minutes and then they were out. I was able to get some things taken care of for my book and catch up on a few blogs I like to read. I was renewed and refreshed when they woke up.

They couldn't wait to make brownies. I had one box of Ghirardelli brownies left. Phew! If you've never made them before they are delicious. After they come out of the oven you spread chocolate all over the top of them. Heavenly. As you can see the girls love the process of making the brownies, probably even more so than eating them.



I love their aprons. I had a friend of mine make them and the girls just love to wear them. I usually wear mine, it's my favorite one that I got when I was in the south of France about 4 years ago, but somehow forgot to put it on until Sydney reminded me. Baking is one of my favorite things to do with the girls. It's such a sweet time and if it weren't for the calories and sugar, I would do it more often.

1 comments:

The Lane Family said...

Bribery rocks :)

What a yummy bribe and I LOVE the picture of your youngest with her head in the bowl. So adorable!!!

Those aprons are so cute and so fun!!!

Post a Comment

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations