A HUGE THANK YOU!

Wow is all I can say. We surpassed our giving goal of $2,010 for the people of Haiti. As of today we stand at $3560.00 with still more being donated. What a blessing. Thank you Lord!

Let me back up and tell you about how this all came about. Sometime around Christmas, I asked Brooklyn one day what she wanted to do that day. I thought she would say, "Go to Target (she loves to go there as much as her mama does), go visit her cousins, do school, etc. Instead she said, "Mommy I want to help sick kids who don't have any food". My eyes filled up with tears. I called Brian at work and told him what she had said. We immediately thought of ideas about how she could go about doing that. Brooklyn loves to draw more than anything, so we decided we would make cards of her drawings and sell them to raise money for kids in another country who need food, clothes, and toys. Fast forward to 2 weeks ago. Brian took Brooklyn into our classroom in the basement where we have a huge giant wall map on the wall. He asked her what country she would like to help and she pointed to Haiti and said, "Here daddy", I want to help Haiti". That was 3 days before a massive earthquake struck and killed over 150,000. I marvel at how God works. He put it on Brooklyn's heart to help the people of Haiti before the need was so great.

After Brian's dad passed away, we decided to combine it with a memorial for Steve Lord. It's a great way to honor his life and help continue to help Brooklyn help Haiti. If you would still like to donate you can do so by visiting the website we've set up here. Again, thank you for your prayers and your gifts. On behalf of my family, I thank you again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations