I'm Back

It's nice to be back in the land of internet. I only had my iPhone to keep me connected to the world and it's just too time consuming to blog from it. My fingers aren't that nimble.

I want to say a big thank you to all who prayed for our family. We felt them for sure. I had played all the scenarios in my head of what was going to happen and I can say that it was so much better in real life than in my head. There was a peace and comfort that I knew could only come from the prayers of His people. Thank You!

On Monday night we had the viewing from 4-8. My father-in-law was born and raised in a small town in Indiana his whole life. He never left. He spent 60 years on a farm and in a community of 3,000. He had hundreds show up for his viewing. I was in awe. I got to hear stories from guys who went to high school with him. Only in a small town would you get to experience something like that. I loved being near people that knew him and could tell stories about him. It brought so much comfort to us.

The next morning was the funeral. This was the final goodbye and I knew it would be tough. Brian got up and spoke on behalf of his family. I have never been more proud of my husband than at that moment. I know it was the hardest thing he's ever done in his life, but it meant so much to all of us. I kept telling him how proud and honored I was to be his wife and I meant it from the bottom of my heart. He was amazing last week. He had to mourn the loss of his dad and handle the affairs of the estate. He had alot of responsibility and handled it with class and dignity. I know it would have made his father proud.

We set up a memorial fund in memory of his dad. A few weeks before his death, Brooklyn had come to me wanting to help sick kids and daddy helped her pick out a country on the map where she could help. She has a love of maps just like her daddy and told him that she wanted to help kids in Haiti. This was just 3 days before the earthquake. Coincidence, I think not. God laid it on my daughter's heart even before the need was so great. You can read the story here and if the Lord lays it on your heart to give you can do so as well.

Again thank you for your words of encouragement, emails and prayers. We still have a long road to go, but I feel like the hardest part is behind us.

1 comments:

Elisabeth said...

What a sweetheart Brooklyn is. I am so sorry for the loss of your Father in law. I know seeing your husband say see you soon to one of their parents isn't easy. I am so very sorry and I will continue to pray for your family.

Post a Comment

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations