Tuesday's Tip-The Blessing Bag

So, I had another Tuesday's Tip lined up for tonight, but then I went to church tonight for a women's event called, "Reclaiming the Season" and decided to make the Tuesday's Tip the challenge the speaker gave us. Tamara Lister was the speaker and she did a wonderful job of bringing us back to the true meaning of Christmas. Her challenge to us was to have a blessing bag under our tree. For the next 24 days leading up to Christmas, we are to write down one thing we are thankful for that we saw God do this year. Then on Christmas morning, we read them out loud. I love this idea! What a great way to get our hearts and minds truly in the real spirit of Christmas. I know for me it's so easy to get bogged down in the day to day activities of the shopping, party planning, traveling plans, etc. that I forget about why I am doing all of this in the first place. I truly am thankful for what God has done this year. There are so many things to be thankful for that it could truly take more than 24 days. I think this will start a new family tradition. I can't wait until the girls are old enough to write out their blessings. What an awesome thing to pull out year after year and see the ways God provided.

So that's my tip or rather my challenge for you tonight. Start a new family tradition in your home, by getting a Blessing bag, or box, and write down the things that you are thankful for this year.

Tis the season.....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations