The 3 letter word

I know every mom is proud of their kids and I guess today is just one of those days that I am reflecting on how blessed I am to be called mom. For so many years I didn't know if I would ever hear that 3 letter word be uttered from the mouths of babes. Yet, here I am 4 years later hearing those sweet words. So thankful indeed. As Brian pointed out at dinner tonight, "You know, Sydney is a little you. You realize that don't you"? I guess I really hadn't stopped to think about it. Tonight at dinner she said, "Mommy, I am done". "Oh yeah", I said. "Well no I guess not. I have to clean my plate first". Cracked me up. She really does watch me and repeat everything I say. It's the cutest thing. She will walk around the house and talk to her baby dolls and say, "It's o.k. honey". "Sweetie you want something to drink". I smile as I think about her cute little voice saying those words. Then come the ones I cringe hearing. "I'm gonna spank your bottom", she'll say to her stuffed animal. "Time out right now young lady". Oh I wish I didn't have to say those things to her, but I know it's necessary right now, especially since we are in the terrible twos stage. She is learning and growing so fast and she loves to sing. Her favorite song right now is, "I am a C. I am a C. H., I am a C.H.R.I.S.T.I.A.N., and I have C.H.R.I.S.T. in my H.E.A.R.T. and I will L.I.V.E.E.T.E.R.N.A.L.L.Y."

I swear she doesn't miss a letter. I love hearing my babies sing the songs that I grew up singing as a little girl. It just warms my heart that they love Jesus so much. Sydney also loves to read. She could probably read for hours if I could. Sydney's favorite book to read at night is this one.
I love this book. If you are looking for a Christmas gift for a little one, this is a great one. My friend Jen sent this to Brooklyn for her first Christmas. Thanks Jen. I found out that there are more in the series. I am going to get Syd some this year for Christmas.

Brooklyn is turning into such a big girl. It's hard to believe my baby is 4. She is growing and learning so much. She loves to draw. It's her favorite thing to do. I can tell she's a lot like her daddy. She certainly didn't get any art skills from me that's for sure. Daddy used to draw a comic strip years ago and I think it's rubbed off on her. She also likes to write her name and write words out too. Last night she was writing the different states on her dry erase board. She also loves maps and globes. We have a giant wall map in our classroom in the basement. You know the one from the SkyMall magazine they keep in the airplane seat pockets. It takes up the whole wall. (Another one of daddy's passions, maps and history. Again, not from me) Well today I showed her where Hawaii was and how far it was from Tennessee. She had a bad dream last night about volcanoes and I told her the closest volcano, that I knew of, was in Hawaii and so I showed her how far away it really was. Plus I told her the volcano wasn't really working and there was no fear of it getting her. I think that did the trick. I guess we'll see tonight.
The things she says sometimes just cracks me up. Today she said, out of the blue, "Mommy, Butt with two T's is a bad word, but But, with one T is not". "Really, I said". "Yeah, Papa told me that". Well thanks dad for the clarification. Saves me a talk down the road.

Yep, I love my girls and I am one proud mama.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations