Tuesday's Tip- Reusing glass jars

I blogged about this tip back in the summer of 2009.  I thought I would bring it back since hopefully I've picked up a few readers since then.  :)

This tip I came up with when I decided to stop storing my food in plastic containers. From everything I have read, plastic is not a great option and you should never heat up food in the microwave in plastic. There are toxins that are released from the plastic that get into your food. Yuck! Anyway, I buy Del Monte peaches in bulk at Costco (4 to a pack for $7.99) and they come in glass jars. I thought why not reuse those jars to keep my fruits and veggies in?  The other great thing about having it in the jar is that everything is prewashed and cut and all I have to do is get the jar out of the refrigerator and snack away. It also makes it handy that I can see through the jar and know when it's time to buy more. Cleaning them is simple. I just put the jar in the dishwasher and I'm done. I think I've accumulated about 20 jars.  Next week I will show you how I use them in the pantry.

The original jar of peaches you can see on the left. Then I have olives, grapes, strawberries and carrots. You can really put so much in these jars and you are recycling at the same time. I love it.

How do you reuse glass jars at your house?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations