The hunt for acorns

Today the girls and I went on a hunt for acorns. I needed them for my glass hurricane for the island in the kitchen. Brooklyn loves acorns so it wasn't hard to convince her to go looking for them. In fact, she knew right where to go. She and daddy had gone to the little trail down the street from our house where there are a ton of them. She loved to tell me that squirrels eat acorns like in the movie "Ice Age". It was such a beautiful fall day here and I loved being outside with them.
I love this picture of Brooklyn because it truly captures her personality. She loves life and loves being outdoors with the bugs and the acorns.
Sydney had more interest in playing with the sticks than picking up acorns. Not surprising.
That branch was huge, but she really didn't care. It needed to be lifted and she was gonna do it.

The end result. I put a taller candle in it tonight than what I had in it earlier and I think it needs a few more acorns. I guess I know what we'll be doing tomorrow afternoon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations