Making a connection

I wanted to introduce you to some of my new friends I met at Blissdom.  I decided I would do this in sections because I really wanted to introduce you to them and share a little bit about each one.  When you have a moment, check out their blogs.  You will be glad you did.   

If you've been a reader for some time, you know I don't shy away from talking about our infertility journey or the loss of our daughter Zoe and son Jonathan.  This little blog has become a place of healing for me and maybe, just maybe, it will help a few out there that are going through the same journey.

It all started at breakfast.  There was a sea of about 25 round tables in a large ballroom.  I picked a table at random and starting eating.  I sat quietly as I ate and couldn't help but over hear the conversation going on across the table.  All it takes are words like "infertility" or "I lost a baby" for my ears to perk up.  Combine that with talk of natural and whole food eating and I could barely sit any longer in my chair.  As soon as their conversation ended I made my way over and introduced myself to Donielle who writes at Naturally Knocked Up. 

Seriously, how cool is that name?  I love it.  We talked and talked and were eventually late to our morning session, but I don't think either of us cared.  Our journey through infertility started the connection and then she shared with me that she had lost a baby recently.  I could so relate.  I remember being at Blissdom last year on my due date with Jonathan.  It was not easy.  You see a place like Blissdom brings out all the pregnant women and those with babes on their hips.  It's awesome to see, but can be painful if you've lost a baby.  During our conversation Donielle, told me about someone I just had to meet. 

Her name was Stephanie from at Beyond Words Designs.  I made it my mission to track her down.  This is not easily done with over 700 bloggers in a hotel that is the size of a small country.  I couldn't have done it without Donielle's help.  She was able to find Stephanie so I could sit down and talk with her.  Thanks Donielle.


If you could only picture the surroundings in which our face to face meeting took place.  Large ballroom, incredibly loud music and a dance floor with about 100 women all dancing.  We sat on the floor Indian style like two little 5 year old girls and we talked and talked.  We cried. I am sure there were a few women who were sitting and staring and wondering just how someone could be crying with "Baby's Got Back" playing in the background.  You see I really didn't care about what was going on around me.  I had made a connection to someone so deep I could feel her pain.  It was my pain.

I learned she is an amazing artist.  Just take a look.  This is just one of her painting.  Simply beautiful.


This one spoke to me.  I remember leaving the hospital after losing Zoe and then Jonathan and still physically looking like I was still pregnant with no babe inside.  I love how she is reaching towards the heavens and holding her belly.  It's as if she's saying, "Oh sweet babe, how I miss you.  I long to be with you, but I know you are in the arms of Jesus until I can see you again.

Stephanie has used her pain to bring meaning to her daughter's death.  You can read about Amelia's story here and see how you can get involved to help bring healing to others.

Sitting next to Stephanie was Adrienne from Another Ordinary Miracle.  I have followed Adrienne's blog for about 2 years and really connected with her because she had gone through infertility just like I had.  I was familiar with her incredible story, but had never met her in real life, even though we both live in the same town.  I cannot tell you how many times I prayed for her sweet baby boy to live and thrive and he's doing just that, as you can see.


It was an honor to meet her and as we talked we realized we shared the same doctor.  Such a small world.  If you have never been to her blog, you must go check it out.  You will be amazed at how God took their family from 1 to 4 in 1 year.  To God be the Glory!

These are just a few of the women I had the chance to hang out with at Blissdom.  Tomorrow I will introduce to some more.  I can't wait for you to meet them. 

2 comments:

Donielle @ Naturally Knocked Up said...

It was such a pleasure meeting you!

Stephanie said...

Oh girl, I was in tears until you mentioned the song that was playing in the background! Baby Got Back will forever have a new meaning for me;)

I am still in awe of how God perfectly choreographed our meeting. You just don't know how lucky I feel right now. Thank you so much for sharing your precious precious babies with me. . . you are such a beautiful mama.

Post a Comment

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations