Girls Getaway

I returned yesterday from a fabulous girls weekend. To say I had a blast would be an understatement. A bunch of girls from our Sunday School class rented a cabin just outside of Chattanooga. We played cards, laughed, ate, talked, ate some more, painted our nails, ate some more. Seriously, there was so much food I think I ate enough for 3 people. Why is it that even though you are full, you can't resist food that is just sitting around? I enjoyed every minute of fellowship with these beautiful women. I am truly blessed to have each one of them in my laugh. Thank you girls for being such great friends. I had a blast this weekend.

On a sad note, Brian flew to Indiana to say goodbye to his grandma today. She passed away last Monday at the age of 92. She was an amazing woman. She always seemed to make us laugh. She loved to hear Brooklyn whistle. She couldn't believe a 4 year old could whistle like she did.

Nanny Yi loved to sing and play the piano and she was good at it. I remember the last time she came to our house when she was 90. She got on the baby grand piano and just started playing and singing away. We had our neighbors over, who are producers, and they played Sydney's little drum and we had a little concert going at our house. I am so glad we have that awesome memory to hang on to.We love you Nanny Yi and you will be deeply missed. So glad you are singing with Jesus tonight.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations