Exhausted!!!

Exhausted pretty much sums up how I feel right now. So much so I am going to keep this short and sweet. Brian returned home late this afternoon after being gone since Friday morning. He was in Los Angeles enjoying all the NBA allstar activities. He had a great time and got to meet some of the players and got to hang with Francis Chan. If you aren't familiar with him he wrote the book, "Crazy Love". I first became aquainted with him when our Sunday school class watched his video series in class. It was really great and so challenging. Francis was the speaker at the prayer breakfast they had for the players on Sunday morning and Brian got to go to that as well. He got to hear all about the new book he is writing, which in case it is top secret, I won't tell you the name of it, but it's gonna be awesome. So be on the lookout for it when it comes out.

I'm so glad Brian got a chance to get away with his brother Eddy, but I am glad to have him home for sure. It is tough being a single parent. If you are a single mom, I give you serious props. I respect you so much and I truly mean that. I don't know how you do it. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed being with the girls. We had a great time and for the most part they were pretty good, but I was exhausted every night. As soon as the 3 of us cuddled up in my bed we were out. Yes when Brian is gone the girls and I all sleep in the same bed. It's easier that way for me so I don't have to get up in the middle of the night when one of them wakes up. Anyone else do that? I also realized it's lonely without my better half. I miss the adult conversation and our nights together after the girls go to bed. That's our only real time to talk and catch up on the day.

In the next few days I will be sharing with you all an experience we had tonight that was so incredibly eye opening for me and I hope for my husband and my girls. I was humbled and brought to tears and will post about it soon. I promise. For now though, I am gonna go snuggle with my family on the couch and enjoy the sound of the rain coming down on the windows. Night Night.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations