Easter with an International Flavor

Tonight we celebrated Easter with my family. My sister Stacy came up with the idea to have an international dinner. I'm so glad she did. We each brought a dish from the country of our choice. It was some spread we had. The food was absolutely amazing and I wish I had some leftovers right now. We also decided to dress up. When I say we, I mean my sisters decided too. It wasn't that I was against it, it was just that it had been such a busy week that I just didn't have time to come up with something. Luckily she had dresses for the girls to wear. They were so cute.

After we stuffed ourselves full of yummy food it was time to dye the Easter eggs. This was the first year that we did this. I figured now that they were 3 and 4 1/2 they could handle it without it being a mess. They did a great job. The wire whisks helped. I found that tip online and it was awesome. No messy hands afterwards. I highly recommend it.

It was a full night of festivities. After we dyed eggs, we read the Easter story to the girls and then we took communion. I have to admit this was the first time that I have taken communion in shot glasses, but it was the only little cups that we had. My sister collects them from her travels so it went along with the theme.
It was such a wonderful time of reflection for me. A time to remember the blood that was shed for me and His body that was broken for me. He was sinless and He could have come down from the cross, but He chose to stay for you and for me. Thank you Lord that you are alive and living in me. I can't wait for church tomorrow morning. What a celebration it will be.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations