Happy 4th Birthday Brooklyn Sophia!

Dear Brooklyn,

Today is your 4th birthday. It's hard to believe that 4 years ago today I walked into Baptist Hospital early in the morning with you in my belly. I had waited so many years for this moment and it was finally here. Your daddy and I were admitted into the room and they gave me some medication to help me to have some contractions so you would come out. You were stubborn and didn't want to move. You were very happy in my belly. The doctor came in and broke my water, but still nothing. Then your heart rate started to go down so we decided it was best for you to come out through a c-section. I was a little scared, but so excited to finally meet you. Daddy sat right beside me and held my hand and talked to me the whole time. Then at 4:06 p.m. I heard the most amazing sound in the world, your cry. Not a little wimper, but a huge scream. I just began to cry. You were so beautiful and big. You were 10 days early and weighed, 7 lbs 9 oz and were 20 inches long. You had a little bit of blond hair and blue eyes. The first thing I noticed was your dimples. They were so cute. I couldn't wait to hold you. I couldn't believe that everything your daddy and I had been through was finally in our arms. You were a miracle and God's greatest gift to us.

I am so blessed to be your mommy. You are growing into such a beautiful little girl and I am so proud of you. I love how you take care of your sissy, how you love to give hugs and kisses and the joy I feel when you say, "Mommy I love you". You are so smart just like your daddy. You love to read maps and learn about bugs and you love to sing. I love when you are in the car and you sing "Jesus Loves Me" at the top of your lungs. That is what matters most to me sweet girl. That you walk with Jesus and love Him with all of your heart. I pray that He will keep you safe in His loving arms and that you will continue to grow into a beautiful young woman.

I love you with all of my heart Brooklyn,

Mommy

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations