Random Thoughts by Krista Lord

Do you ever have those days when your mind goes a million miles an hour and it just won't stop? Well I've been having a whole month of it. I guess that's why I haven't been posting as much as I used to. Forgive me, but this post will probably be a little ADD.

I am so thankful fall is here. Can I get an amen? Seriously, it's my fav time of the year. I love everything about it. What I don't like is how busy our lives seem to get. The girls are both in school and loving their teachers and doing really well. I am one of the room moms in Brooklyn's class and I'm busy, with the other moms, planning the fall party and teacher appreciation.

Brooklyn started up soccer again and Sydney's new ballet class began again as well. As luck would have it, both events are on Sat morning, which means, conflicting schedules. Then there is choir at church on Sunday nights. I love that the girls have fun activities to do and they love doing them, but sometimes I miss just having down time. Anyone else with me on this?

I guess what I am saying is that I never want to get too busy that we stop having family meals together. Did you know that children who eat meals together at least 5 times a week are more likely to have higher grades in school? Here's another important statistic. This one is especially important to me because I am a mom of 2 girls. Studies show that teenage girls who ate five or more meals per week, with their families, were less likely to resort to extreme dieting measures such as self-induced vomiting, diet pills or laxatives. This was true regardless of socioeconomic status, body mass index or family connectedness. Wow. Not something I want my girls to deal with.

Speaking of mealtime, my girls surprised me with breakfast in bed yesterday. Brian said it was all their idea. It made my morning. Brian captured a quick video of the girls explaining the meal. Syd always seems to make an infomercial out of it. She is such a ham in front of the camera. Brooklyn was too busy eating. My kind of girl. :)


In health news, I found out my thyroid is not functioning and I'm anemic. What a wonderful combination. No wonder I was so dog tired all the time. I have no idea how I ran during the summer. So, I'm on iron as well as Thyroid Armour (wanted to go the non synthetic route and not take Synthroid) to help boost my thyroid. I go back next week for bloodwork to see if all the supplements I am taking are working. I have alot more energy, but I'm still incredibly dizzy.

I ran across a print out in my room of a Jesus Calling Devo from January 8th. I felt like someone needed to hear this tonight.

"HOPE in Me, and you will be protected from depression and self-pity. HOPE is like a golden cord connecting you to heaven. The more you cling to this cord, the more I bear the weight of your burdens; thus, you are lightened. Heaviness is not of My kingdom. Cling to HOPE, and My rays of Light will reach you through the darkness."

Psalm 46:1 "God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble."

Romans 12:12 "Be joyful in HOPE, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer".

Romans 15:13 " May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with HOPE by the power of the Holy Spirit."

2 comments:

makeitreal42 said...

Hello, I know you don't know me, But I enjoy reading your blog, and I'm learning alot. I also wanted to say thank you for being honest about your trouble with your thyroid gland, I was first diagnosed with it 8 year's ago, and I've been taking Synthroid, and they are awful. I will have to talk to my DR now and see if I can try the Armour Thyroid. Hope you have a good week and you start feeling better soon. Take Care

Krista Lord said...

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment. Thyroid issues are not fun. I know diet can make a huge impact. Cutting out sugars and carbs can help. I'm sorry you have troubles with your thyroid too. It's very common in women unfortunately. Most people never get it checked out. I had too many symptoms to not have it looked at. I hope your dr will switch you. TA is better for you long term. Blessings.

Post a Comment

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations