Show Us Your Life-Where you Live

Thanks Kelly for hosting "Show Us Your Life". Today it's all about your hometown.

I live in Tennessee, in a town outside of Nashville . I moved here with my parents and sisters almost 11 years ago now. I love the south. I'm a west coast girl born and raised in Southern California so I really didn't know how I would like it when we moved, but I can't imagine living anywhere else.

I love living in Music City. My sisters and I were Christian Recording Artists for 6 years and I love the sense of community you have here with other artists. I always joke that you never know whose going to be leading worship when you go to church. I'll refrain from name dropping, but it's a fun little perk of living here.

Of course we also have Country Music here which I love as well. If you are a fan of country music we have the CMA music festival coming up June 10th-13th. Nashville could use the support right now. The stars of country music have made Nashville proud. They have done their part to raise millions of dollars in the past few weeks to help flood victims.



We call the AT&T building the "Batman Building". It's the one on the far left. The Cumberland River is the body of water in the picture. Every 4th of July they do a televised concert from there with an amazing firework show to end it. It's a great time.

Being a football fan I love that we are host to the Tennessee Titans. I've seen many games at LP Field and it's always one of my favorite things to do in the fall.

I love the small town where I live. I guess 40,000 really isn't that small, but when you come from California, anything under 100,000 seems small. It just has a small town vibe to it. The girls go to school in our downtown. I love picking them up and then walking around looking at the shops and stopping for cupcakes or ice cream.


This is a civil war town with so much history. The historic houses here are breathtaking and I love taking walks through here in the fall. Most of all, it's a great town to raise a family. I'm blessed to call it home.

6 comments:

Katie@Yoga Gal said...

I am doing the Show Us Your Life party over there too today! Your town is one of the prettiest in TN, I actually used to work there in the 90s, and still try to get up there and go to the Factory every once in awhile. I am sure you have been to that little children's store there, it has the cutest clothes! :D

TLF said...

Hello from Memphis..
Great post! :)

Chelsa said...

great post :) i love nashville!

Kate said...

I love to see a Nashville blogger! (I'm originally from there and still consider it home!)

Can I ask what the name of your Christian group was...?

Krista said...

Katie@yogagal, yes we love the Factory. My husband takes my girls on daddy daughter dates there. I love how they took an old factory and instead of tearing it down made shops and restaurants out of it. So cool.

Katie, the name of our group was The Darins. It's my maiden name. I sang with my 3 sisters.

Thanks for stopping by.

Shoshanah said...

I found your blog through Kelly's Korner, and had to be sure to say hi, since I too grew up in Southern California, but now find myself living in the South.

Post a Comment

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations