Labor Day Fun!

We had a busy Labor Day today. Brian ran in the Franklin Classic early this morning. He did his best ever time for a 10K. I am so proud of him. I met him there later with the girls so that Brooklyn could run in the 1K they were having for kids. She was pretty tired because I had to wake her up at 8:30 to go. We met up with our good friends the Gagliano's. Daniel ran the 10K with Brian and he and his daughter Grace were gonna run with Brian and Brooklyn. I took Sydney and we waited at the finish line for them to cross. It was so cute to see them cross hands raised high. I asked Brian how Brooklyn did and Daniel said, "What happens on the backside, stays on the backside. For the sake of remembering years later I will fill ya in on what happened. Brian said she ran the first straight away and then when they turned the corner she said, "daddy my feet hurt". So Brian put her on his shoulders. Then she got some steam and decided to run some more.



Brooklyn and Grace with their ribbons. Brooklyn is looking ultra cool in daddy's sunglasses.
Then we headed to Chick-fil-a where they were handing out free chicken sandwiches if you had on a team logo. We all dressed up in Titans uniforms. I am mad I didn't get a picture of all 4 of us together in our jersey's, but I did get one of Brian and one of Brooklyn and her cousin Maiya.


We have enjoyed our 3 day weekend. We got a lot done around the house. We finished up today by cleaning and reorganizing the garage. Yeah I finally know where everything is and it's neat and clean. I love throwing stuff away. It's so liberating. While I cleaned the garage the girls helped daddy do yard work. They love to play in the dirt. After bath time, Brian put Sydney to bed and I put Brooklyn to bed. As we were laying there, out of the blue, she said, "Mommy Jesus healed my broken heart". Taken back, I said, "Oh yeah honey". "Yeah, He healed the pieces of my broken heart". "Did you learn that at church", I said. "No" she said. "Well then where?" "Nowhere", she said. I have to admit I had tears in my eyes. It was such a sweet reminder to me that the Lord does speak to little children in His own way. He spoke to Brooklyn, that I am sure of. Thank you Lord. Father, please continue to speak into her life. May she grow to love and serve you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations