A Thankful Heart

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  I know we did.  I host Thanksgiving every year because we have a table big enough to seat my whole family.  We had a total of 12 adults, 1 teenager and 7 kids under 7.  We had a full house to say the least, but it was so much fun.  I was so stressed making sure everything was on the table, I didn't take any pictures of the delicious spread.  Shame on me.

We did our annual Turkey Trot 5K at 8 am that morning.  I can't believe this was our 7th year.  We started back in 2004 in memory of our precious Zoe.  The weather was nice and sunny, so it made for a comfortable walk/run.

The kiddos participated this year in a fun run after the 5K.  Here they are all lined up waiting to run.


And here's the whole Darin clan after the race.  That's my 15 year old nephew Mario in the blue morph suite.  He ran the whole race in that thing.  Crazy boy.


After we run off the calories, we put them right back on when we head here.

My mouth is watering just looking at them.  Donuts are my nemesis.

After we stuff ourselves silly, we all head home and take naps and prepare for dinner.  Then everyone comes back to our house for dinner.  After we enjoy our delicious meal, the adults go through the newspaper ads in preparation for Black Friday.  I love black Friday, but this year I just couldn't do it.  I was exhausted.  I was in bed by 10:45. 

Did you all do any shopping?  I actually got some great deals at 9am the next morning so I was happy.  We also picked up our tree this weekend.  I think this is the earliest we've ever gotten it.  If you are looking for a great deal and live near a Costco, their trees can't be beat.  We got a 7-8 foot Fraser Fir for $29.99.  I wish TN could grow Fraser Firs because they are my favorite.  Unfortunately, they have to be trucked in from NC.  The girls have worked hard all weekend putting up countless Christmas decorations and we still have a ways to go.  I've had to tell them that it all doesn't have to be completed this weekend. 

We're on our way out the door to celebrate my brother in law's 40th birthday today.  Happy Birthday Bill!  We love you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations