I love the blogging community

It's amazing the stories out in the blog world that have a similar story to mine. Most of these I find through links from sites I visit on a regular basis. I happened upon one last night that broke my heart. As I read their story I felt like I was reliving mine all over again. With her permission, here is the link to their site. http://robandnataliecallfamily.blogspot.com/ I know they would appreciate prayers for their sweet baby girl coming in November. Here is what I learned from a video that was on her site. 40,000 stillborn babies every year. 8,000 die because of cord related death. That hit me. In 2004, Zoe was 1 of those 8,000 babies. Why was I one of those 8,000? I will never understand this until the day I go home to be with the Lord and see my sweet baby girl again, but I do know that I am a different person and a better mom for carrying my sweet daughter. There is a doctor in Louisiana who helps moms who have experienced a loss due to cord related issues, give them a sense of hope and peace. My pregnancies with Brooklyn and Sydney were filled with fear. I prayed that the Lord would give me peace and most of the times he did, but in the back of my mind there was always that what if. I've learned now that my fear was pretty legit. According to this doctor, women who have had a cord death are more likely to have another. Wow, that hit home. I am so thankful for my miracle girls. Watch this video to see how he is helping moms out there and if you know someone who is pregnant now who has had a prior experience with this I hope you pass this video on. It could possibly save another baby.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting news story -- and great technology. Thanks for sharing.

Remembering Zoe Renae with you...

Heather Greene

Kandie said...

Hey I am Rob and Natalie's friend and I saw your blog from theirs. I know this is random, but my maiden name is Lord and my daughters name is Sydney too. And we almost named her Brooklyn. Ironic. Anyway, I know this weird, but I'm glad you were able to have more children. I am sad to think anyone has to go through such hard trials, but I know I have grown from mine, and it's good to see such beautiful testimonies grow from trials. Thanks for your blog.

Post a Comment

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations