Giving it up

So Lent started today and I was tryng to decide what to give up for the next 40 days.  I knew it needed to be something really difficult, so I narrowed it down to Facebook and t.v.  In the end, I decided on t.v.  I know you all probably think I am crazy, but I'm actually excited to see how my relationship with the Lord grows as the result of laying one of my idols down at His feet.  I am saying no to t.v. and more of Him.

There are a few times that I will allow myself to watch t.v.  Well, really only one.  If we have a movie night with the girls over the next 40 days, they love movie nights, I will partake so that we can spend that time together as a family.

Are you giving up something for Lent?  I would love to hear about it and encourage you.

This post is short because I am off to pack for Blissdom.  Yipee! I leave tomorrow afternoon.  Big thank you to my hubby and my dad for holding down the fort while I am gone.  Can't wait to see all of my blogging friends and meet new ones too.

3 comments:

Elaine L. Bridge said...

Have I mentioned lately that I love your blog?! I hope you have a wonderful time at Blissdom - I had never heard of that before, so behind the times am I! Enjoy! And good for you on the giving up TV for Lent! I never do well at "giving up" so usually focus on "doing more". But I hadn't even given that much thought till I read your blog. I'll be thinking on it, and if I come up with something, will lay the credit at your feet! Blessings!

Krista said...

Hi Elaine. So glad you enjoy reading my blog. Thank you for taking the time to let me know. I really appreciate it. I hope you have a fantastic day.

Stephanie said...

Krista! I love that your giving up TV, because it means that I am not the only one out here NOT watching it, lol. We gave it up two years ago and have never looked back. We did it for different reasons and I experienced major withdraw for 2 weeks, but we are using our time so much more wisely now! Hope you find more time for you now without it.

Post a Comment

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations