Checkin in. Day#4

I thought I would check in midweek and update on how things are going.  I am feeling really good.  The last 3 days I've had a headache, which I can assume is the lack of sugar and caffeine that I was used to consuming.  I know those will eventually get better.

Today Brooklyn had the day off from school and Sydney went back to school so I had a date with Brooklyn.  I love those times when I get to hang out one on one with my girls. I asked her where she wanted to go to lunch and she said P.F. Chang's.  It's her favorite.  I was hungry and knew I couldn't eat my normal, Orange Chicken, so I opted for the vegetarian lettuce wraps.  Oh my, they were delicious.  I didn't miss the chicken at all.  They are made out of Tofu, which is usually on my no, no list.  I'm one that doesn't believe we should eat soy, especially if it's GMO (Genetically Modified), but today I thought it was a better option than the chicken. 

Why don't I like soy?  Glad you asked.  :)  Soy is Phytoestrogen (plant based estrogen).  Women usually have too much estrogen in their bodies.  Studies have shown that too much estrogen can lead to cancer, cause infertility, lower sperm count in men and it can also mess with your thyroid.  All things I don't want, so I just usually stay away from it.  If you are going to eat it, you want to make sure it's organic or Non-GMO and it's fermented.  I think like anything, moderation is the key.  This is very controversial and if you look on the internet you will find experts on both sides of this topic.  I figure I would air on the side of it being harmful to my body. 

On a typical day, I've been juicing, making vegan protein shakes (pea and rice are what makes up the protein) and eating lots of raw fruits and veggies.  I don't know if I've lost weight because I haven't weighed myself, will do that on Sunday, but I feel better.  That's all that matters.  I am also drinking a ton of water.  That's so important to flush out the toxins because you don't want them hangin out in your body.

On Friday I will do a gallbladder flush.  I'll spare you the details of what happens, but it makes me feel so much better.  I did my first one after I delivered Jonathan.  I was on the verge of a full blown gall bladder attack and was in a ton of pain.  My chiropractor gave me a flush to do and the results were immediate.  I   couldn't believe it.  The pain was gone.  I could think clearer and just felt refreshed.  Well, it's time to do one again.  I've been having a bit of pain on the right side where my gallbladder is located, so I want to make sure to nip it in the bud before it gets too bad.  I will post the cleanse on my blog on Friday if you are interested in it.  The best part is; it's easy, cheap and the results are immediate. 

Here's to good health in 2012.

2 comments:

Calie said...

Glad to hear you're feeling good. Sounds like the cleanse is going well. Let me know how the gall bladder cleanse goes this time around. I still haven't tried it, but I might finally get up the courage to do it.

shanna said...

Glad you are feeling better. I ran across a blog awhile back and thought it might interest you
namesinthesand.blogspot.com

I have lost two precious babies at 16 weeks and thought what this lady does is beautiful!!

Post a Comment

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations