Heat Wave

Y'all it's hot in Nashville.  We broke a record on Friday with high of 109 degrees.  It hasn't been that hot in Nashville ever since July 1952.   So what does one do when it is that hot outside?

We go camping of course.  The girls have been bugging us for months and we finally caved.  We went to Costco and got a pop up tent, which sets it self up in less than 10 seconds.  It's awesome.  The girls can both fit in it and it was under $30.  Total score.  Then it folds up flat for storage.


Ok, so they camped in the living room.  That still counts, right?  They had a blast.  Of course, a good camp out is not complete without S'mores.  We made oven S'mores.


Sydney helped me make these and I have to say, they were delish.  Just like the real thing and oh so easy to make.  Here are the directions:

Line a cookie sheet with tin foil.
Arrange mini marshmallow on graham crackers.
Put chocolate chips on top of marshmallows.
Stick in the oven on broil and take them out when the marshmallows turn brown.

Enjoy with your kiddos and imagine you are camping under the stars and listening to the crickets.

Finally, I saw this picture on Facebook and had to include it in my post, since I am talking about how stinkin hot it is here.  I saw this and it put the heat into perspective for me.


Oh Lord forgive me for complaining about the heat.  It is nothing compared to what our men and women have to endure on the front lines.  Please protect and guide them as they fight for our freedom. Amen.

3 comments:

Elisabeth said...

I saw the same photo on facebook. It was pretty hot where we were as well and I wouldn't doubt that it reached over 100 degrees because my car's outside temp gauge reached 98 degrees and its usually 2-3 degress off. Thank goodness for you Nashville is supposed to have lower temps this week. I keep my eye on the temps for nashville because that's where my grandparents live and I worry :)

Elisabeth said...

Oh and my parents did the same thing for us when it was hot outside we slept in a mini tent in our living room too.

Heather said...

Hi I’m Heather! Please email me when you get a chance! I have a question about your blog. HeatherVonsj(at)gmail(dot)com

Post a Comment

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations