What's lurking in your beloved beverage?

Would you be surprised and shocked if I told you there was a toxic chemical hidden in your sports drink?  How about that Mountain Dew you love to drink with lunch?  Well, take a listen to this weeks podcast where I talk about the hidden danger lurking in your sports drink and soft drinks.



Have you been convinced to clean out your refrigerator?  I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks again to my friends Eric and Krissy Nordhoff over at Faithful Wellness for having me as a guest on their show.

If you are interested in how essential oils can help you or your family, click on the link here.

Side Note:  I loved Alex's recipe for OrangeAid.  Smart kid.  One thing I would add to the drink to make it a sports drink is coconut water.  Coconut water is an amazing source of 5 electrolytes: sodium, magnesium, calcium, potassium and phosphorus.  It also has less acidity than sports drinks and it supports rapid hydration.  There is a coconut taste to it so you would have to play around with the water, stevia, orange combination until you came up with a taste you liked.  I would start off with 8 oz so you are getting a full serving.  I've started adding coconut water to my daily shakes in the morning.  With the shakes the coconut flavor is disguised so I don't even taste it. 

Disclaimer: This is my opinion.  I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on t.v. I am a wife and mom who enjoys researching the ingredients in the products my family uses and the foods that we eat.  Thank you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations