Switcheroo Sunday-A "greener" powder cleanser

Yes, your eyes aren't playing tricks on you.  Switcheroo Sunday is back.  Yipee!  I know it's been forever since I did a Switcheroo.  I promise that it's back to stay.

Let's talk cleaners for a moment, shall we.  I made the switch to non toxic cleaning supplies years ago and I hope most of you have done the same.  The chemicals in cleaning agents are very toxic and cause many health problems, including infertility.   I know when I used to use toxic cleaners, I would sneeze and sneeze while I cleaned.  I knew that it was the fragrance in the cleaners, but I didn't really know what else to use.  Thankfully, with alot of companies starting to go green, it's become alot easier to find products that really work.

One of those products is
Bon Ami.  First of all, I love the name and the packaging.  Simple and classic.  The best part about Bon Ami's products, no harsh ingredients.  Which means they're nontoxic, biodegradable and hypoallergenic.  You can read about the ingredients here. 
Maybe your mom cleaned with their powder cleanser.  Bon Ami has been around since 1886.  I heard about how great it was so I had to try it out for myself.  Luckily, my neighborhood Publix sells it and for only .89 cents.  Yep, you heard me right, .89 cents.  What a bargain.  I ran to the store and picked up a can.  The way I look at it, if it doesn't work, I'm not out a ton of money.



I knew exactly what I wanted to clean when I got home, my stainless steel sink.  (This is where I kick myself for not taking before pictures, but I wasn't planning on writing a blog about it.  Sorry).  A little goes a long with this cleanser.  Let me just say that when I got done cleaning, my kitchen sink "It shined like the top of the Chrysler building." (Anyone know what movie that line is from)?  I used it just yesterday to clean my stainless steal toaster and it worked awesome on it as well.

Bon Ami is a great non-toxic alternative to Comet, Ajax or Soft Scrub. Did you know that the active ingredient in Comet is sodium dichloro-s-triazinetrione dihydrate, a chemical rated ‘highly toxic’ by the EPA.  I don't know about you, but I don't want my girls taking a bath in a bathtub that's been cleaned with a toxic cleaner. 



Soft Scrub's active ingredient is Sodium Hypochlorite.  Other Ingredients: Hydrochloric Acid, Alumina monohydrate, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Silicate, Secondary Alkane Sulfonate, Calcium Carbonate, Sodium Laurate, Aluminum Distearate, Lauryl Dimethylamine Oxide, Cetyl Dimethylamine Oxide, Fragrance, Water

I would love to hear some of the ways you use Bon Ami in your house.  If you'd like to know where to purchase Bon Ami, click here to find a retailer nearest you.

Disclaimer: This is my opinion. I did not get paid by Bon Ami to blog about their products.  I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on t.v. I am just a mom who enjoys researching the ingredients in the products my family uses and the foods that we eat.

1 comments:

j e n n i f e r said...

just having some down time to catch up here. we LOVE bon ami too, and before even reading this, i began a drafted post about it. funny. scot just used some to clean our tea kettle and it looks AMAZING. it had set in grease/oil cooked into it and was looking rather dull, and now... it shines like the top of the chrysler building too! :)

Post a Comment

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations