Switcheroo Sunday-A Healthier Lollipop

I apologize for not doing the after photo from my post yesterday. I had a glitch and it will be coming this week sometime. The answer to the puzzle was Butler's Pantry. I had been wanting one made and installed for sometime and Brian came up with a clever way to let me know my gift was coming. He's very creative that boy.

I am finally back with a Switcheroo Sunday. It seems like it's been forever since I've posted one. For all two people that look forward to them, I apologize it's been so long.

My switcheroo for today is a healthier lollipop. Ok, that might be a little of an oxymoron, but I have found an alternative non the less.

My girls love suckers. I don't give it to them all that often but when I do I give them these by Yummy Earth. They are delicious! They have no artificial dyes, no corn syrup, and are made with real fruit extracts. My girls don't know the difference.

You can buy them at Whole Foods for about $3.99. It will take us about 6 months to go though a little container of them. I feel so much better giving them these then the Dum Dum's I used to give them that contained these ingredients: Sugar, Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Malic Acid, Salt, Artificial Flavor, Color Added (includes red 40, yellow 6, yellow 5, blue 1)

I know what you might be thinking? She is a little overboard on the organic kick giving them organic candy. Let me just say that I don't panic if the girls have them at a party or when they are out with friends, but I can control what they eat when they are at home. If I can keep chemicals from going into their little bodies, than I am going to do the best I can do. I feel I owe them that as their mom.

If you try these out let me know how you like them.

Disclaimer: This is my opinion. I do not get paid to endorse any products that I suggest. I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on t.v. I am just a mom who enjoys researching the ingredients in the products my family uses and the foods that we eat. Thank you.

2 comments:

mary Ann Maxson said...

my boys love these. i order a 5-pound bag from amazon about every 2-3 months. i give them the yummy earth organic vitamin c pops during the winter!

Susanne said...

we tried these too and love them. anything to reduce the corn syrup and all that artificial coloring is a good thing!

Post a Comment

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations