Switcheroo Sunday-Coconut Oil

I love today's switcheroo. The benefits of this one product is amazing and endless. Here are just a few examples:

*improves sluggish thyroid
*kills candida and yeast infections
*lowers cholesterol levels
*clears up skin infections
*speeds up metabolism to aid in weight loss
*proven antiviral and immune builder
*aids in digestive health and so much more.

It took me awhile to find a coconut oil that didn't taste or smell like coconuts. I actually have my friend Calie over at Broccolicupcake to thank for introducing me to Coconut oil from Tropical Traditions. Their products are fabulous. Their coconut oil has no smell or taste to it. Their virgin coconut oil is not only certified organic, but it also meets all other important standards, including no GMO ingredients, bleaching, deodorizing, refining or hydrogenation. Tropical Traditions only uses fresh coconuts (not "copra" or dried coconuts like most other coconut oils on the market today). When you buy Tropical Traditions Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil, you are buying the highest quality coconut oil they have to offer, and it is still made by hand and benefiting families in the rural areas of the Philippines where the coconuts grow.

I used to cook with olive oil or butter, but now I only cook with coconut oil. Let me go back a minute and explain why I no longer cook with olive oil. Olive oil is a wonderful fat that should be consumed raw, like in dressings and salads, but it should never be heated over 200 degrees. When it is heated it release free radicals into the air which are toxic to your health. You also lose all the nutritional value from the olive oil when you heat it. In a nutshell, heat destroys the nutrients. It's amazing to me because every time I watch the Food Network most of the hosts cook with olive oil.

So instead of these:

I use this: Not only do I cook with it, but I put it on my body as a lotion. I stopped using lotions years ago when I found out how harmful the ingredients were to my body. Coconut oil has cleared up a spot of eczema I had on my hand all during winter. The stuff is amazing. I use it all over my body and on the girls as well.

Tropical Traditions always has specials going on. If you become a fan of theirs on Facebook and follow them on Twitter you can get the latest on specials, recipes and other nutritional information.

If you live in the Nashville area, you can go to Dr. Jana Joshu's office in Franklin and pick up a 32 oz jar for $20.

Do you have a favorite recipe or way you use coconut oil? If so leave me a comment. I would love to try it.

Disclaimer: This is my opinion. I do not get paid to endorse any products that I suggest. I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on t.v. I am just a mom who enjoys researching the ingredients in the products my family uses and the foods that we eat. Thank you.

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

I love coconut oil. I use it as a mositurizer on my face every day! I also use it as a lotion. I need to get another jar for the kitchen and start cooking with it. I use to cook with OO and heard when heated it turns to trans fat. So, I went back to Canola oil. This would be much better. It started out in the kitchen, but was moved to the bathroom. Love it!

Nikki Leonti said...

Great Tip! I a going to try this!

Post a Comment

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations